What a success!
On March 16th the first 21212 Demo Day took place at Rio’s Jockey Club and we have been overwhelmed by all of the positive feedback! Our first class of graduates presented their companies to 250 attendees made up of more than 35 foreign investment funds, 30 Brazilian funds, entrepreneurs, journalists, thought leaders and market insiders.
In addition to our companies presentations we were fortunate to have spectacular keynote presentations by Arminio Fraga, Founding Partner of Gavea Investimentos, and Julio Vasconcellos, co-founder of Peixe Urbano; who explained how technology and entrepreneurship are shaping the Brazilian ecosystem.
The first graduates of our program:
● Ainda Tem!: The social, secure way to by and sell tickets
● Bloompa: Turning e-commerce store visits into sales
● Craques.com: Connecting the soccer market
● Igluu: A personal chef experience delivered to your door
● iTrip: The travel Q&A website. Ask, connect, go
● Pagpop: Start accepting credit cards anywhere, anytime
● ResolveAí: The smartest way to get a taxi in Brazil
● Simpply: Simplifying direct sales, empowering resellers
We are excited to announce that PagPop received ‘Best Presentation’ by Silicon Valley Bank (SVB) and will be awarded a trip to Silicon Valley for meetings with investment funds and large companies in the digital space!
We would like to thank our supporters, partners and sponsors for their commitment to making this event so successful. We’re fortunate that other great companies share our vision and helped to make Demo Day possible with their support. Thank you to our partners: Endeavor Brasil, Rackspace Hosting, LAVCA, Rio Negocios and Gunderson Dettmer. Thank you to our sponsors: Sebrae, Locaweb, Mazars, Qualcomm, Tumblr, Movile, Luz Consultoria, Plataformatec, Azul and 3M. Without them the event would not have been possible and we are grateful for their support.
If you are interested to be a sponsor supporting our next Demo Day, please click here.